Week 6, Task 3: Video Prompts and Task 5: Two Truths and One Lie
In preparation for our Skype a Scientist with Miranda Ridder, we are watching a couple of videos to give us some background knowledge and also to think about questions. She is working in the field of microbiology, specifically with the skin.
Here is where the blogging challenge comes into play. Watch each video and then do one of the following activities:
- Write a comment summarizing what you learned from one of the videos and questions you may still have about skin. We will also be sending these questions to our scientist!
- Create a short quiz and invite readers to answer your questions in the form of a reply.
- Write a riddle to include two truths and one lie. This can be completed in the comments section of this post. Here is the example posted on the blogging challenge:
For example, you might say:
- The smallest bone in the body is found in the middle ear.
- An archeologist studies the atmosphere and weather patterns.
- The blue whale is the largest animal in the world.
Can you guess which one is not true?
The Science of Skin
Brain Pop – Antibiotic Resistance
Anyone can join in the fun! Please feel free to participate in the comments section even if you are not in our class!