Fifth Grade

Champion Learners

MONDAY, APRIL 6, 2020

| 19 Comments

Good Morning! I hope everyone had an amazing weekend, and are ready to tackle another week of remote learning! Good news, this is only a 4 day week! Yes, you heard me right, you have a 3 day weekend ahead. This does mean that your due date for assignments this week is Thursday. You might notice there is a bit more work this week, so please try to do something everyday. Don’t wait until Wednesday to start.

I will email you a new link to this week’s Morning Meeting in Flipgrid!

Do you know the definition of resiliency? Over the next 2 days, you are going to watch a short video, and then brainstorm a few ideas to be shared in the comments section. You will need to login with the username: moore and password: 12345 at byrdseed.tv.

Now, I’d like you to brainstorm examples of materials that:

• Cannot stretch or squish
    • Can stretch or squish, but don’t bounce back
    • Can stretch or squire, and do bounce back

Leave your thoughts in the comments area!

Math Resources

Must Do Activities – These are due Thursday, April 9. 

IXL This week you have 5 recommended skills. These are skills you must complete with a smart score of 80 over the week. If you have questions about how to find these skills, please visit me during our office hours. This week you will focus on division! If you would like a reminder of what this looks like, you can view this Khan Academy video or this one for 2 digit divisor

Galileo This is a 10 question assignment that should be completed after you have worked through your IXL skills. If you still have questions about access to Galileo, there is a video in this post. If you still have questions, visit me in Teams during our office hours! 

May Do Activities

Prodigy

SumDog

Science Resources

This Flocabulary video focuses on energy! The vocabulary game and quiz have also been assigned. 

May Do Activities

Fun Stuff (always optional, always fun)

Video of the Day

Who doesn’t love a good cat video? Check out Cats and Dominos!

That’s all I have for today! Have a happy Monday everyone! 

Mrs. Moore

19 Comments