Fifth Grade

Champion Learners

WEDNESDAY, MAY 13, 2020

| 0 comments

Good Morning! Did you see yesterday’s video of the day? If not, you should watch it. Then leave a comment about your favorite activity during February and March!

Today’s recess will be a Talent Show. Come ready to share your talents, or just watch if that’s what you prefer.

Thursday we will do a virtual Socratic Seminar. This will not be at the recess time. Kali read the short article and found it to be enjoyable! Give it a quick read and send me an email letting me know you will meet up with Kali and I! We will be discussing Is Social Media Good for Society?

Math Must Do Activities – Due May 15, 2020

IXL – You will be completing 5 skills that focus on subtracting fractions, simplifying fractions, and line plots. These are skills you must complete with a smart score of at least 80 over the week. If you have questions about how to find these skills, please visit me during our office hours or email me. 

*This Flocabulary video will show you everything you need to know about line plots.

*This Brain Pop video will show you how to write a fraction in lowest terms (simplified or reduced).

*This video will show you how to subtract with unlike denominators.

*This video will show you how to subtract mixed number with regrouping (unlike denominators).

*This Brain Pop video will show you how to add and subtract fractions.

Galileo – This was assigned this morning. Remember, this is now a quiz and is meant to be completed after you have practiced your IXL skills. If you score a 90% or higher, you will receive a 4!

Science May Do Activities

If we were in the classroom, we would be finishing up our unit on Forces and Motion by creating roller coasters!

Check out these Awesome 8 Roller Coasters! Or if you’re just looking for some fun facts read this Roller Coaster Facts for Kids! 

Are you inspired to create! What materials might you use? What recyclable materials do you have that would be of use? Remember to use the design process, and if you do this, send me a picture or video!

Have a wonderful Wednesday!

Mrs. Moore