The last week of school is here! It will look a little different this week. I will not be assigning new IXL skills or Galileo, but you may continue if you need to complete work. I will find activities for both math and science if you would like to participate.
Our plan is to do at least one fun activity a day using Teams or Zoom. Wednesday will be our final class celebration. It would have been early release for you, so we will start our call at 10:30. We will show an end of the year video with memories starting back in July! We will also announce the awards you voted on last Friday.
Math May Do Activities
Leave your equations in the comments! Remember, you can use operations and digits as many times as you need to!
Science May Do Activities
Step 1: Build a Straw Rocket Intro
Step 2: Learn more about rockets in this video, How Rockets Work.
Step 3: The Challenge: Build a straw rocket!
- Thin Straw – (like small Starbucks straw)
- Thick Straw – (like large Starbucks straw)
- Hot glue or clay or tape (to plug tip of thick straw)
- Empty Kool-Aid Burst bottle (optional)
- Use hot glue, tape, or modeling clay to plug the end of the thick straw
- Place thick straw (rocket) over thin straw (launcher) and blow through the thin straw. BLAST OFF!
- If you have an empty Kool-Aid Burst bottle, you can insert the small launcher straw into the tip and seal with tape or hot glue to make a squeeze launcher!
- Do some SCIENCE!
- Make changes to your rockets or launcher and see how it affects your flights!
Step 4: Share with someone you love!
Share with someone you love! Today’s recommendation is to call a grandparent (or older family member) that doesn’t live at your house, and tell them about your project!
- Possible things to talk about:
- What did you learn?
- What did you build?
- What problems did you run into?
- How did you solve them?
*Challenge found at https://nerding.org
Computer Science May Do Activities
https://code.org You don’t have to log into code.org, but if you would like to, I can give you your password.
Video of the Day
This reminded me of our butterfly activity!
Hope to see you in today’s Zoom!