Fifth Grade

Champion Learners

She Simply Raised Her Fists…

| 5 Comments

Written by Mia for the 100 Word Challenge

There was this boy named Madden and he was very aggressive and a huge bully. Allie was very shy. They thought the worst part was being in the same class. One cold morning they had gym class and Allie asked “please stop yelling at me. I am trying my best.”  And then Madden starting hurting Allie like it was a boxing mach. The teacher did not do anything, he thought we were having fun.  Allie was exhausted and breathing hard, she simply raised her fists… the fight was on!!!!!! Allie was acting like she’d never did before.   

5 Comments

1. Hi Mia
    This is really an inspirational 100 word challenge! You have also used the prompt very creatively to find a solution to a specific problem. Your description of the bullying situation is very good and portrays the different elements like the bully getting aggressive and onlookers not realising how bad things can get. I wouldn’t be a fan of physically fighting back but I’d love to know what happened next in your story as very often the bully gets a shock when someone stands up to them and often backs away. I wonder if that’s what happened in your story. Excellent writing for the 100 word challenge. I really enjoyed reading it!
    Máire O’Keeffe (Team 100wc)
    Galway Ireland

• Thanks, so much for that note. That is going into my memories! That means so much to me that I fell like I am going to fall over (lol) . I am going to be writing a story every week if you are interested to read it!! Once again that comment means almost to much to me. Thanks

Love,Mia

2. Hello Mia,

It seems another Team 100WC member has already commented on your story when I visited it. I agree with Maire O’Keefe. You have written an interesting story. Well done.

Ross Mannell (Team 100WC)
    Teacher (retired), N.S.W., Australia

3. Hi Mia! It’s Raiya, amazing story!