Fifth Grade

Champion Learners

Arbor and Les Bois

| 4 Comments

Written by Brynlee 

Once upon a time, a very long time ago there was a man named Arbor. He was a thief that would steal from a magical person named Les Bois. She had lots of stuff for Arbor to steal. One day, when Arbor was going to steal from Les Bois, she caught him in the act. Arbor was very afraid because Les Bois could end him in seconds, but she did not, instead she told him, “You come into my house to steal? Yet you steal not for food or a home, but to make me angry! Your punishment shall be to say in the forest as one with the forest FOREVER!” she said. Arbor was turned into a tree. 

4 Comments

1. I love how you succinctly told your tale. You used dialogue well and I loved your clever name for your main character. Great story!

2. Brynlee,

I loved this! I’ll be nominating you for Showcase, as I loved how you used dialogue and descriptive features to bring your story to life.

Well done. I’m looking forward to reading future 100wc written by you.

Michelle, Team 100wc,
    Melbourne, Australia

3. Brynnlee,

I really like the names you have chosen for your characters. I can tell you have given their names a lot of thought and they fit very well with your story. I also like how Les Bois chooses a punishment for Arbor that will make him think about his choice for all eternity. You punctuated your dialogue very well, and I can imagine the tone in which Les Bois is speaking to Arbor.

Keep up the great work!

I am a teacher and have been looking for ways to incorporate blog writing in my classroom. On your classroom blog I discovered the 100 Word Challenge you all participate in. I discuss this project and how I can incorporate it into my classroom here.

Rebecca Ryan

4. Thank you so much! That is so kind of you to say!