Fifth Grade

Champion Learners

TUESDAY, MARCH 24, 2020

| 10 Comments

I hope everyone enjoyed their first day back to school! I really enjoyed getting a chance to chat with everyone through email, and I loved your Flipgrid videos! If you are just getting started today, begin with Monday’s post. It will catch you up on a few necessary items.

Let’s start the morning off with Flipgrid! This time, reply to someone’s video with a comment video! After you have watched a video, click on the speak bubble at the bottom of the video you watched. This will prompt you to create a video. Use the same link that was emailed to you yesterday. 

Something New! Math and Science

Use this video to set up an account. You will need the teacher code: MOOREA19 to get started! Let me know what you think! ****UPDATE: The math portion does not work with iPhones, iPads or Tablets. The science should portion should if you have a newer iPad. If you cannot use this, don’t worry, I will find alternatives! 

Math Resources

Give one, two, or all three a try! Which one is your favorite? 

IXL How close are you to reaching a smart score of 80?

Sumdog Have you visited the house in Sumdog yet? I will randomly open it throughout the school day. 

Prodigy Text your friend and find out what world they are in! If you don’t have this account set up, you can email me. 

Science

If you completed the BrainPop activities from yesterday, try the “Make-A-Movie” feature! Leave a comment about what you thought about making a movie! Or just go were your interests take you! 

Fun Stuff

Brain Breaks. Don’t spend all day on screens! Here’s a link to a list of Brain Breaks Mrs. Hamman found online: Brain Breaks.

Do you like yoga! Here is a video of yoga for kids!

Leave a blog comment if you think of any other good Brain Break ideas! I like Cali’s idea, go outside and build a fort! Tristan shared he has been practicing football, and Ethan has been riding his new bike! And getting his tooth pulled, but maybe you don’t want to do that right now. 

Missing all of you! I will set up a Zoom live call for Wednesday! Check your email for details!

Mrs. Moore

10 Comments