Fifth Grade

Champion Learners

The Night

| 3 Comments

Written by Raiya for the 100 word challenge

So, I was walking home from my best friend, Emma’s house and suddenly got a strange phone call. It was anonymous so, I of course, answered it! I said in a cheery tone,” Hi! This is Lily Lewis how may I help you?” Everything stopped and the phone replied in a weird voice,” I seeeeeee you.” I laughed. “Emma is this you?” It replied,” No, it’s me……your soon to be kidnapper!” I ran. I don’t know why but I just did. Until I accidently ran into a pole, tape over my mouth, put in a sack, knocked Unconscious……….. 

3 Comments

1. Hello Raiya,

What a frightening experience!

To receive an anonymous call threatening kidnap then to have it happen would be terrifying. Knocking yourself out by running into a pole would mean at some time you would wake to find yourself in a sack or some other possibly dangerous situation.

Your story could be the beginning of a much longer story as readers discover whether you survive, who was the kidnapper and why this happened.

Keep writing!

Ross Mannell (Team 100WC)
    Teacher (retired), N.S.W., Australia

2. Oh my goodness, Raija! What a scary story.

Now I want to know what happened next and why you were even kidnapped in the first place? I can imagine why you thought it was just your friend calling you at first.

Well done for building the suspense!

Michelle, Team 100wc,
    Melbourne, Australia

3. Thank you both for such the really nice comments! I am planning on making this a series, so stay tuned for part 2! Again, thank you!

Raiya