Fifth Grade

Champion Learners

The Mysterious House

| 3 Comments

Written by Alicia for the 100 word challenge

Today was my best friend’s birthday party, Mikayla. AI read the invitation, I looked at the address written, but didn’t recognize itI told my mom and we searched it up, ready to drive there. Soon after we arrived, I noticed this gate that had missing fences and a number 29. I thought nothing of it and we drove closer, making it easier to see it. At first, I thought I was going crazy, but I wasn’t. I just decided to walk up the house and ring the doorbell. Seconds later someone opened the door, creaking as it opened… 

3 Comments

1. Dear Alicia,
    This is a nice post. It is very creative! I like it because you really want to know what happens next. I would probably write something like this as well. I can really picture this story. I can’t wait to find out what happens next!

2. Dear Alicia,

I thought it was interesting because you left it off with a mystery. I wan’t to know
    more about it. What happens next? Who is at the door?

3. Hi Alicia! I like how the story begins so ordinarily, with the main character going to their best friend’s party, only to leave us wondering who Mikayla really is. Mentioning the missing fences also seems like foreshadowing that something just isn’t quite right with this house. That final line is also a great cliffhanger.

Great work on this and keep writing!