Fifth Grade

Champion Learners

WEDNESDAY, MARCH 25, 2020

| 7 Comments

Here we are, our third day together! I’ve heard from many of you, but there are still a few I have not. If you are in contact with kids who you have not seen participating, let them know we just want to start communicating. I am not taking grades this week, it’s just for practice and fun. We also found out some parents might not have gotten the emails, so help your friends out!

If this is your first day joining us, make sure you go back and look at Monday and Tuesday’s posts. 

If you are having fun using Flipgrid for Morning Meeting, go ahead and share again! Remember you can always leave a video comment on an original share.

Math Resources

IXL How close are you to reaching a smart score of 80? If you’ve accomplished this on at least two skills this week, try for one more! 

Sumdog Have you visited the house in Sumdog yet? I will randomly open it throughout the school day. 

Prodigy Text your friend and find out what world they are in! If you don’t have this account set up, you can email me. 

Legends of Learning I know this does not work with iPhone or iPads, but if you would like to continue using it, you may do so.

Science Resources

It’s Wonder Wednesday! You will use Wonderopolis to learn about something you are interested in. Then, using this Padlet, share which wonder you chose (name and number) and three things you learned. Just double click on the Padlet and a comment bubble will open. You can even comment on other friends’ comments! Don’t forget to add your name to the comment, and make sure you are using complete sentences with appropriate punctuation.

Made with Padlet

If you would like to try a BrainPop Make-A-Movie, give it a try! Check out the example at the bottom of this post that Addison made yesterday.

Fun Stuff (These are always optional)

Remember the Hunger Challenge?! They are still accepting art, but even better, for the month of March they are donating $6 per picture! Draw a picture of your favorite recipe, take a picture of it, and email it to me. Click here to see the photos we submitted and a reminder of the project.

Video of the Day

Check out this awesome video Addison made using BrainPop’s Make-A-Movie feature!

What are you doing to keep busy when you’re not working on school? Tessa suggested playing outside in your yard or dancing to songs!

Remember to check your email daily! You never know when you might receive some important information!

Mrs. Moore

7 Comments